Lez Girls at the Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lez Girls iPod

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Lez Girls are saying
Powered by ShoutJax
Gallery

The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Empty

The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock....

Go down

The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Empty The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock....

Recently, on an unusually sunny and warm winter’s day, I sat in what I laughingly call “My Zen Garden”, which is just a small side yard of my house where I have made a little sitting area with plants, a small water fountain and statues of The Blessed Virgin and The Buddha...(I want to cover all bases). I just sat there watching and listening to the world going by. From my little garden I can see cars driving past and kids riding their bikes. I can hear the sounds of traffic moving on a not so distant busy streets and sometimes the horn of distant freight or commuter trains. I often sit here to think….or not think.

Sometimes here…in my Zen Garden…even though time and the world goes on outside my fence…here, time and the world can seem to stand still…

As I sat there, I looked around me and saw, in a corner, some long abandoned toys. There was a half inflated ball, a little pink shovel that had long since lost it’s matching pail and a small torn butterfly net that was purchased at the request of my youngest because she wanted to “study” bugs. Actually, it turned out she just used the bugs to torment her older sister…but it got plenty of use at one time. The thought of throwing these things in the trash crossed my mind…but the little tug at my heart found these otherwise unwanted items to be little monuments to the passage of time. The passage of time is so strikingly apparent when looking at the growth of children.

I am sure we all experience the desire to slow time…to somehow freeze meaningful or pleasurable moments to enjoy them just a little longer. Watching one daughter move into young womanhood and the other growing out of her clothes in record time, makes me want to put the brakes on big time!! My time with my children is measured day after day by their amazing transformations. At the same time, we also experienced the opposite desire to speed up time when we are bored or maybe going through rough times. However, even in depression we are chained to the past, prisoners of what has taken us there. This back and forth makes our relationship with time sometimes a conflicting one. I mean the concept of Time is so important to us and so inherently humans yet we feel as if the passage of time is something strange and foreign.

When I was my youngest daughter’s age, I had no concept of time. Time seemed to flow at a steady pace. Oh, it may have seemed to go too fast when I was outside playing a game of baseball with the boys or riding my bike and my Mother called me in to eat dinner or do my homework. As a child we had no expectation of what was to come. As a child every day we had new experiences, creating lasting memories. Everyone remembers the day they learned to ride a bike or how to dance, hit a baseball, ….kissed a boy (or girl….)

I see myself in my eldest daughter a little now…when I wanted to speed time up. When the future looked so close that you could almost taste it. Driving cars….going out with boys….going to College….we longed for time to go faster. I remember that time. It all came rushing back to me as my daughter and I were sharing a bathroom mirror for the first time putting on our make up…I needed way more that her by the way…and fixing our hair. I looked at my baby applying mascara and asking if I thought her older cousin would teach her to drive in his “cool car“…I suddenly got this song in my head….a song that made me…way back then…. dream of being “Older…”

Just as suddenly I want to reverse the advance of time. Tell her not to start going so fast…time seems to go too slow to her now…but it speeds up all to quickly. This is the time to be in the moment. Hold on to the simplicity of childhood. I knew I would have gotten a “Whatever Mom” and a pat on the shoulder…so I said nothing…just stared in the mirror at her young fresh face…and my…well…not so fresh one…

I once read a Kurt Vonnegut quote that I would like to paint in bold letters across my wall: “We are here on earth to fart around”….LOL!! I want my girls to concentrate on just “farting around”…laughing with their friends, sitting and watching and experiencing. Time speeds up so fast as an adult because we cease to “fart around”…we begin to live our lives out of habit….drive the same freeway…ride the same bus or train….sit in the same cubical and deal with the same problems at work. Our days seem to run together and when we look back at a year all we remember is maybe a holiday or two…maybe a vacation if you are lucky. This give us the sense that time just speeds by…..

Oh…and Love!! Now there is something that can come and go at lightning speed! I would never want to instill my newly rediscovered cynicism about love in my children…but…it, like life, can become categorized. Experiences and sensations ….familiarity tends to make us not see the wonder anymore. The heart racing feelings of electricity it has at the beginning becomes an occasional spark for some…and how the familiar day to day passage of time, can make you not aware that things are slipping away until it all has walked out the door…maybe leaving you wondering…for that brief second…. how you can turn back time. I want for my children...as well as myself.... to walk with someone through time…without worrying about losing that sense of wonder as the clock ticks on day after day…without worrying about falling out of step or falling behind….

I want to instill in both my daughters instead and reaffirm in myself, the notion that everyday you need to find a way to make your heart race. That is what we do as children…mostly out of the need to just grow up…but new experiences happen every day when we are young. Things that we have never experienced before. Don’t be in such a hurry to lose that innocence about life. Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone.

My children make me smile and laugh everyday. I think we are all helping each other grow into the people we are meant to be. They…day by day….bring me back into step with this ever moving and changing march with and against time. Maybe someday we will be on the same pace…probably not. Most of all I hope they never look back and see, like I do sometimes…Time We Have Wasted on the Way…

(Sorry...YouTube said I was infringing upon copyright laws when I tried to upload this video I made for you...sorry about the quality...I hope you all can see it at least..)
Mother Ocean
Mother Ocean
Admin
Admin

https://lezgirls.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... :: Comments

yellowsmileyfaces

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:58 pm  yellowsmileyfaces

First let me say, amazing video. Great job!

I have caught myself from time to time also wondering where the time went. I never did that until after my brother died. Now I often want to go back and relive some moments and times where my family was together and happy. I too was always wanting to grow up and go on the next big thing.

Its funny because I still kind of live that way. I live for seasons. In my head i say....next I am preparing for this....and then so on and so on. I don't often stop and play or relax or do things just in the moment. I thank you for this reminder. Maybe if I focused more on the moments now, i would not be so focused on memories in the past or things to come in the future.

I have so many things to be thankful for and I should stop and celebrate them. Great muse mom! thanks again for what you contribute to this site. You are helping us grow and we are proud to know you.

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:22 am  minnie

Hello Mother..
First of all, I would like to tell you that I loved this post , the songs and the video you made. I told you that already but …as my Latin teacher always told me “repetita iuvant” .. "repeating does good".

I love all your musings….but this one in particular …gave me an injection of faith and an encouragement to live life to the fullest.
Don't know if it was meant to do that ... but it did that to me.
You give me always a reason to stop and think and use my brain . I thank you for that.

So I stopped once again … and thought that , yes, time is the substance of our lives and we should use it in the best way.
I tried then to think about how and when I wasted and still waste my time and I am sorry if what came out .. was once again a list …
So ..

1) I waste my time every time I go to work by car The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Th_emo10
and it takes me even 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back home because of the traffic … then I think that I am going to work.. and that's a place where I can do something useful for the community and something that pays my bills and my loan ….so may be it is not a waste of time;

2) I waste my time when I lay down in bed doing nothing on Friday or Saturday afternoons The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... In-bed10
and there is the sun outside and I could go out for a walk.. but then I think that it makes me feel good, recharges “my batteries”.. so why should that be a waste of time ?

3) I waste my time when I wait in a bar for one of my friends who is never on time …but I enjoy her company so it is not a waste of time ;

4) I waste my time when I stare at my computer and I really forget about “time”..The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Emoticon_gratis_chatter

I can spend hours learning how a program or a new software works or reading magazines on line .. or simply talking to people .. and that it is never a waste of my time for me.

5) I wasted my time every time I have loved someone and my feelings were not returned . Then I think that even if it hasn’t been the best experience for me, it is still experience. I was feeling something, whether good or bad, and that is the essence of life.

Before this list turns into an endless proclamation….I will draw this conclusion… Yes .. as you said Mother, we open our eyes one day and realize that time goes by so fast and we could have done or said something different or taken different decisions.
Time doesn’t come back…so ..in my opinion…..it is not really worth it “to waste our time” in thinking of what we could have done or said . Everything we do or we don’t … we did or we did not ….makes a sense for some other reason.
We can only beat the time giving ourselves targets … objectives and work hard to achieve them.
And love …yes …. we take too many things for granted .. we let time goes by day by day and often we forget that there are people around us who need us and need to feel our love .
May be .. once a day at least .. we should stop doing what we are doing and tell those we love that we love them too and that our love for them is the only reason that keep us alive.

Thank you again Mother for this beautiful post. I join YSF in saying that we are really proud and happy to have you in our lives.
And …thank you again for the video !! It is “bellissimo”!!!!!
I hope you will make many other…looking forward to seeing them !
Please please please !
Be my Fellini ! LOL!

The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Direct10

Back to top Go down

paperinik

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:14 am  paperinik

OMG ladies!!! You both MO and Minnie could write a book with 4 hands!!! Very Happy

What can I tell? I agree with you both. Time time time.... I think the time goes fast, but this is a problem? Depends from what I do in the life, how I spend my time, what are my targets.

I appreciated and I liked them your videos MO, and expecially that to end... Good job!!!

flower

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54 pm  Mother Ocean

Thanks ladies...I am glad you like my ramblings...um...I mean...musing. Let me just say...and I love the different things you each took from my ideas...but let me say I hope none of us dwell on things we didn't do in life in the past...on the "wasted" times. I don't like getting caught up in "Should have, would have or could have's" ...or to say it the way we Americans do...."Should-a, Would-a, Could-a's" I just hope...to start with...we do as we did as children. Everyday experience a new thing...even if it is just looking out the window of our cars or trains or buses on the way to work...or to the store...and see something you've never notice before. The house that doesn't quite look like the others....the tree that doesn't grow as straight as the rest...or just look into the eyes of a stranger and really smile at them. That will really frighten them...LOL!! No...just kidding.

Thank you all for putting up with me and my never ending thoughts. I am proud to know you all....you have made my life worth living each of you in your own way. Should have included you all individually on my list of 10 things that make life worth living.

LOL...I don't know about making another Video...I get too pissed off at YouTube when they ban it...LOL!!! Kisses to you all... Group Hug

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 am  Mother Ocean

Oh and Minnie....when we write this book together who get's top billing? I mean...do we list our names in Alphabetic order...or who has the most charm and wisdom?

Um...I think I lose in one of those or both....LOL!!

AND...do we have to give Pappy part of the profits because it was her idea....just thinking......

Back to top Go down

paperinik

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:42 am  paperinik

Ok I want my part of benefits.... Laughing Thanks for your words. Feel there are people want we feel good, our life is beautiful, it's a wonderful thing..

Kisses Mo

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:48 pm  minnie

Uhmmm ... I don't know if you would lose Mother ..
In any case, my name first , thanks LOL

The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Emoticon_3d_54

Oh and Pappy ... you will get all the benefits you want Wink

Back to top Go down

paperinik

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 am  paperinik

thanks Minnie when do you both become? I have some projects I would like to realize soon!!! The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Moneymouth-money-mouth-money-dollar-smiley-emoticon-000630-large

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:36 am  minnie

Hope you all don't mind.
Speaking of passage of time .. A poem came to my mind and I would like to share it. I don't mean to bring any sadness but I simply like it.
It was written by an Argentinean writer, Jorge Louis Borges. I read everything he wrote and loved all his novels and poems.
I found this translation in English. Hope it sounds as well as in Italian.

MOMENTS

"If I were able to live my life again,
next time I would try to make more mistakes.
I would not try to be so perfect. I would be more relaxed.
I would be much more foolish than I have been. In fact,
I would take very few things seriously.
I would be much less sanitary.
I would run more risks. I would take more trips,
I would contemplate more sunsets,
I would climb more mountains,
I would swim more rivers.
I would go to more places I have never visited.
I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans.
I would have more real problems, fewer imaginary ones.
I was one of these people who lived prudently
and prolifically every moment of his life.
Certainly I had moments of great happiness:
Don’t let the present slip away.
I was one of those who never went anywhere
without a thermometer, a hot water bottle,
an umbrella, and a parachute.
If I could live over again,
I would go barefoot, beginning
in early spring
and would continue so until the end of autumn.
I would take more turns on the merry-go-round.
I would watch more dawns
And play with more children,
if I once again had a life ahead of me.But, you see, I am eighty-five
and I know that I am dying".

Back to top Go down

paperinik

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:47 am  paperinik

I have this poetry in my office, and often I read it back and it's so true!!!! I love J Borges.... Sometimes you surprise me.. because we are the same thought.. What is this? Wink I love you

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:56 am  Mother Ocean

Thank you Minnie!! I copied and pasted this...printed it out in big green letters and it is now above my desk....right next to my pictures of Queen Elizabet I (not II) Bette Midler, Frieda Kahlo and Katharine Hepburn...the Queens of all Things...

Oh and I highlighted the line "I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans" in red. The wisest words of all!!!

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 am  minnie

I don't know what it is Pappy ..
May be it is what someone once called "Elective Affinities" ? Wink
The Passage of TIME....Tick Tock.... Toons%20(89)

Back to top Go down

Hermana Luna

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:23 pm  Hermana Luna

Mother! You nailed it again! Your girls are just babies, imagine what I feel with both sons in their 20's! I too am caught up in the Passage of Time. If I am not rushing to get something done then I am sitting wondering what to do to fill my day. It is so much different now that I am - dare I say it - older and have more time on my hands. Yes, I need to look at life differently. I need to look for what is new and fresh. We get so mired in our looking behind us and wondering what would have been. It is time I look at what can be. What haven't I tried. Thanks dear friend for making me and looks like the others, stop and think.

Minnie, I also love the poem. If I start now, maybe my list won't be so long when I am 85. Thank you all! Very enjoyable reading!

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down