Lez Girls at the Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lez Girls iPod

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Lez Girls are saying
Powered by ShoutJax
Gallery

"Love means never having to say you are sorry" Empty

"Love means never having to say you are sorry"

4 posters

Go down

"Love means never having to say you are sorry" Empty "Love means never having to say you are sorry"

Post  minnie Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:21 am

"Love means never having to say you are sorry"

This quote belongs to a movie I loved very much . " Love story" , hope you know it , with Ryan O'Neal and Ali MacGraw.

If you want to see it .. remember to take your Kleenex .

Here is a video..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

( sorry for this flood of sadness , the movie just gives me the chance to post the quote )

I tend to believe that the quote that I posted says the truth but we are human and never perfect or we love in a wrong way too often.
What do you think ?
minnie
minnie
Has earned her own Planet coffee mug

Back to top Go down

"Love means never having to say you are sorry" Empty Re: "Love means never having to say you are sorry"

Post  yellowsmileyfaces Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 am

I think to love means you apologize when you are wrong and to love means you forgive quickly. Great movie sweetie!
yellowsmileyfaces
yellowsmileyfaces
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"Love means never having to say you are sorry" Empty Re: "Love means never having to say you are sorry"

Post  Mother Ocean Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Ok……this topic brings back a memory…so forgive me…here I go musing…AGAIN!!

I saw “Love Story” when I was about 9 I think. I was with my older cousin Joanie, who looked very much…to me…like Ale MacGraw at the time by the way. Joan is 12 years older than me and is and was someone I looked up to…she could hang out with the guys, talking like a sailor and kick a little ass…and be with the girls and know all the Hollywood gossip and the latest styles…she was cool. I hung on everything she said. She is the one who told me something that I have used quite often when pursuing love…it was this little bit of sage advice

“Boys with sloppy kisses….have sloppy Pee Pee’s”.

Of course at 8 or 9 I didn’t know what the hell that meant…but I soon found that she was 100% correct and used it as a standard in looking for love….applied it to both sexes of course..

But I digress…sitting with my Cuz and older sister in a theater full of young women…and a few young men who must have been on dates hoping sitting through this movie would pay off for them…but mostly girls sighing over how cute Ryan O‘Neal was.. I tried to watch this movie but soon found myself wishing I was in the theater next door watching the World War II movie with my brother and the boys or riding my mini bike in the field near my house…all that girlie stuff was not for me.

When Ale MacGraw’s character said that line…my cousin and my sister smiled and sighed and dabbed away the first of the many tears to be shed during this move… but not me. I said “Oh Brother”!! I said it loud enough to get a elbow to my side and a very thorough shushing from my Cuz and sister. I was embarrassed and totally disappointed that Joanie…wise Joanie…was acting as if this was the best thing she had ever heard when it made no sense to me!! I slumped down in my seat and just concentrated on eating more than my share of the Red Vines until the weepy end of the movie…which I must admit made my eyes get a little watery…but not as bad as the pinch my sister gave me for eating all the candy…

A few days later, I found my self in a situation. I had done something to my sister…I am sure she deserved it but I can’t remember what it was now…and my Mother had me by the arm demanding that I say that I was sorry to my sister…

“Mom…Love means never having to say you’re sorry” I said with the most sincere face I could put on.

“Oh Brother” my sister cackled (stealing MY expression) and rolling her eyes….thanks sis….

My Mother tightened her grip on my arm and said “What? Where did you hear that bunch of garbage? (probably stronger words…but I don’t want to make my Mom look bad…) I saw the very serious look on my mother’s face and, although I didn’t feel sorry at that moment….I said it.
Anyway….after all that…..I come to my point….I think…..

Ma later told me pretty much what you said YSF….that it is because we love that we apologize. Being forgiven may be more automatic when there is love, but you still owe it to that someone you love to show them you know you’ve hurt them. Sometimes you need to do a bit more but a simple “I’m sorry” often is all it takes.

Besides it can often lead to some pretty good make up sex…. Naughty My mother NEVER told me that part.....

Minnie…I didn’t mean to hijack your topic with one of my musings…..

I am sorry…um…yes sorry….
I love you
Mother Ocean
Mother Ocean
Admin
Admin

https://lezgirls.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  paperinik Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:47 pm

I loved so much that movie. wOW!!! there are some movies so deep and beautiful, like the songs, are "evergreen" in all senses.. drunken
paperinik
paperinik

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowsmileyfaces Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:10 am

I agree with you mom, but i see why you like it too minnie. sometimes you just wish what you saw or heard on a movie could be true. sometimes you just wish it were that easy. could topic minnie.
yellowsmileyfaces
yellowsmileyfaces
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:03 am

No , Mother , you did not hij... that word .. my topic .
You embellished it, I expect that from an Artist soul like yours.
Thank you for sharing your tale . I loved it .. and I loved when you said to your Mother that quote . It made me laugh and I will remember that when I don't want to say that I am sorry LOL!

Oh .. And I agree with you as well.

YSF , thank you. You are right, life is another thing and it is not that easy .

In any case, speaking for me, it is something I try to keep in mind every day.
I wish I never put myself in situations that may hurt the ones I love or people in general but If I fail and I fail very often.
That does not mean I love less or that I do it intentionally but sometimes it is just that passions , feelings, positive or negative, instinct and impulse prevail on the reasonable part of me .. if it ever exists a reasonable part of me
lol!
minnie
minnie

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowsmileyfaces Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:19 pm

I agree! There is a line from a song by secondhand serenade that says "I may have failed but I have loved you from the start." I love that because to me it means that making mistakes does not change the way you feel about someone.
yellowsmileyfaces
yellowsmileyfaces
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down