Lez Girls at the Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lez Girls iPod

MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com
Similar topics
    Lez Girls are saying
    Powered by ShoutJax
    Gallery

Lovely Laurel - Page 2 Empty

Lovely Laurel

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lovely Laurel - Page 2 Empty Lovely Laurel

Besides adopting a lovely daughter, what has Laurel Holloman been doing professionally since the last episode of The L-Word aired?
    Mother Ocean
    Mother Ocean
    Admin
    Admin

https://lezgirls.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Lovely Laurel :: Comments

paperinik

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:21 am  paperinik

When I saw her, I don't know what she was doing!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:17 pm  Mother Ocean

Wish I had her brushes....they look like expensive $30 brushes....I use $3 house paining brushes. Sigh...it use to be cool to be a poor struggling artist. Suffering for your art!! Like a friend once told me..."There is no art today...just art supplies....." Don't know what that meant until I watched this video..

I support the Arts....and all artists. I just know a lot of artists, young and old, who have given up and gotten "Real Jobs" because they don't have the connections to break into the art world. I like her paintings...they are expressive and I like her use of color. However, in my time as an Art "Instructor", I have seen so many painter's who put so much more feeling and emotion into their work. If Ms. Holloman were my student.....I would give her a B. (I know what you/re saying..."Those who can't DO....teach..")

I am not jealous or anything....LOL!! Why should I care that she has the best brushes...and spacious studio in the Valley and a built in adoring audience? We are all on an even playing field right? It's the desire that matters...right? Some of us just need to work harder...right? Right.....uh huh....

I need to take a video of me painting....I have the same torn pants....but my underwear is much more colorful!! Lovely Laurel - Page 2 I-m-jealous

Thanks minnie...I think....for posting this.....

Back to top Go down

paperinik

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:11 am  paperinik

MO, sincerly, I didn't understand your thought about LH and her paintings.
    I think she uses Twitter or other blog, website, etc.. to promote her work it's normal. I don't like her paintings, but I find it's normal she uses every way to promote her paintings.

Why do you make like her? I'm serious telling that MO.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:32 am  Mother Ocean

I have no problem with Laurel using the internet and her already established network of fans to "sell" her paintings. What I was trying to say was...it is all about equal opportunity....wishing that others had the same opportunities as she has. It is sadly all about the money...and not so much talent or desire.

When I taught my art class, many of my students displayed talent...but some a natural gift. I would truly encourage them to pursue their gift...but life got in their way. They would express the desire to be an artist, but did not have the means, the financial ability to follow that desire. To break into the Art world takes talent, determination, moral support and financial backing. Most of my students, mainly my young students, did not have the money or the support to pursue their art as a career. Because of families that didn't see being an artist as a career or the need to have a job that pays on a regular basis, the talent and the potential I saw was to remain just something they did in their spare time. I found this sad and often wondered if they were born in another time would things be different.

I have no problem with Laurel painting. She has a talent, but more important she has the financial means to pursue this talent. She was a fairly well paid actress who seems to be able afford the best supplies and the time to cultivate her talents. She also found she had a large following of fans. Fans who loved her character....I mean LOVED her character...Tina. As most fans (from the word "Fanatic") do, they somewhat worship and find everything their idols do golden. She received attention and demand , almost instantly, for her paintings that other Artists have to toil and cultivate sometimes for years. There are very few benefactors who take young artist under their wings....not like in centuries past....to support and encourage them. It can take many years to cultivate and build your style and talent...not to mention finding a place willing to display your work....competing with so many others for that space....and finally selling one...just one of their pieces.

It seems to me, Laurel took advantage of her already established fan base to start her new career. So many out there wanted to be part of "Tina's" life or have something "Tina" touched. There were some who paid large amounts for her paintings from the start. Was it just because of that or her immense talent??? Hmmmm...will we ever know?

I am just struck by the inequity of all of it...but that's life. Would I do the same if I were Laurel? OH HELL YES!!!!!! So would many of my very much more talented students. Am I jealous as I, myself, sit in my garage and paint when I am not helping with homework....doing laundry...cooking meals...fixing toilets....searching for a job? OH DOUBLE HELL YES!! But again...that is life.

Back to top Go down

paperinik

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:11 am  paperinik

I totaly agree with you about LH took advantage of her already established fan base to start her new career. So many out there wanted to be part of "Tina's" life or have something "Tina" touched.

I won't buy ever LH's paintings, because I don't like her paintings.
    I always have been surprise there were fans bought LH's paintings.
    Maybe because I have an art conception so deep there are a few famous Artists in the History I like them.

I think you can business with your art, even if today is hard.

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:24 am  minnie

OMG ! Had I known that my post would have started this discussion...! I would have posted one of my videos ..while cooking or singing !
    lol!

But the discussion seems interesting .. so I will join you saying just a few lines.
    I understand you, Mother, and I understand your feelings towards your students.
    Talent is a Godsend and it must be sad when you don't have any chance to nurture it .. to study .. to turn your talent into your job.
    As you say .. that's life .. Some will always be luckier than others.
    We can only accept that.
    I really wish your students to find their stars in the sky sooner or later .
    About Laurel and her fans .. Well .. if I have to tell the truth, I think that she has taken advantage of them somehow.
    Even if I can understand the fact that she uses her "audience" to promote her Art, I don't like the fact that the price of her paintings is too high .
    Those people would buy her paintings at any cost and she knows that.
    Personally, I am against any form of fanaticism.. but, on the other hand, I think people are free to spend their money - if they have it - the way they wish.

In conclusion ..... if Art means capacity of giving people emotions .. I am sorry .. my heart does not make a move.
    But you are an Art teacher, MO, so I respect your judgement. If you say "B" .. I accept that.

And just for you to know it .... I have not seen much of your work,
    but it is enough to say that it excited me and it gave me strong emotions.

Uhm...is your underwear more colorful? Can't wait to see the video Wink

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:11 am  Mother Ocean

My panties are as colorful as my paintings....if I remember to put them on....I do like to feel free when I paint....just saying... Wink

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:23 am  minnie

Shocked
    WHAT ?!!!
    OMG!!! Hungry

Back to top Go down

paperinik

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 am  paperinik

lol! I'm curious to see MO while you paint... geek

Back to top Go down

yellowsmileyfaces

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:58 pm  yellowsmileyfaces

we do have a gallery you know....maybe you could paint some and post pics of you painting?

Back to top Go down

Hermana Luna

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 pm  Hermana Luna

Mother, I always liked Laurel on the L-Word and think she is a good actress. Seeing her constantly pushing her paintings on the internet and now daily on twitter, I am afraid her ego may be larger than her talent as a painter.

Just let me say here what I have said nearly a thousand times before, something I saw when I was first taken by "a friend" into her inner sanctum to see her paintings. A painting or any work of Art should take you to another place, make you feel emotion as minnie said. I felt these things looking at the collection of what she called "practice" paintings. I was impressed to say the least. I ended up taking home two of those paintings and replacing forever my Elvis on velvet painting. My eyes were open. I can't say if LH's could ever do the same, pantie shot or no.

I wish I could inject a little of Ms. Holloman's chutzpah (my favorite Mexican phase Wink ) into my friend. She could show LH a thing or two.

You all know I mean about painting right?

You also should know that I never had a painting of Elvis on velvet. I was not completely devoid of taste. I had a lovely painting of dogs playing cards.
    ROFL

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 am  Mother Ocean

Very nice my friend.....I think if your "friend" should ever read this she would blush Embarassed

Back to top Go down

yellowsmileyfaces

Post Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:41 pm  yellowsmileyfaces

maybe she will.

seriously though people could post their paintings on here. I would love to see the work that everyone does.

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am  minnie

I totally agree with you, HL .
    Altough I hold her in high esteem as an actress, I can't say I like much her paintings. I can't understand them and they don't impress me.. the way your friend's paintings would probably do.
    Hope no one flogs me now but I have to say what I think.

@YSF ...good idea !

Back to top Go down

yellowsmileyfaces

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:11 pm  yellowsmileyfaces

No one will flog you my friend.....whip.....maybe Twisted Evil

She is an amazing actress and so beautiful. Honestly I am just glad she gets to broaden her horizons and pursue other options as well. Any kind of art can be not so great to one person, but can touch the very core of another. Hopefully Laurels art will touch someone out there, just as though her acting in the L word did to us.

Um, I would just like to be touched by Laurel.

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:02 am  Mother Ocean

If I read nalamommy's...um Laurel's... tweets correctly...she has decided to make painting her primary career. Good luck to her if that is true. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:42 am  minnie

Yes ..I heard about that on Twitter but I don't know much more so far ..
    Good luck to her

Back to top Go down

Hermana Luna

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:33 pm  Hermana Luna

Painting in a studio would be better for raising two small girls. I can remember visiting a studio of a "friend" who had children's finger paintings pasted all around her studio for inspiration and magic things happening on her canvases. Not to mention very messy but happy little girls running in and out.

From what I understand. Acting means long hours and traveling. I wish her luck also.

Back to top Go down

yellowsmileyfaces

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:57 pm  yellowsmileyfaces

I think she is a much better actor than painter, but i guess i will be happy for her.

Back to top Go down

minnie

Post Mon May 23, 2011 4:22 am  minnie

A friend of mine sent me this photo. It was posted on a famous social network.
    Just wanted to share.

Laurel's daughters.. Lola and Nala

[img] Lovely Laurel - Page 2 20110523101906_photo_tn[/img]

Back to top Go down

Mother Ocean

Post Tue May 24, 2011 12:32 am  Mother Ocean

So cute!! Thanks Minnie!! Not much going on with "our girls" sigh...maybe soon!!!

Back to top Go down

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2